A pictorial reminder not to take anything for granted

Click on the images

Really... we're back on this blog again... when out an about.
It's not Facebook ...that's a good thing.
It probably Maybe it means I can leave the laptop at home.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays to you too!!!

The philosophy of "me first" is alive and thriving in the North State today. I feel quite fortunate to be home minding my own business after venturing to Redding and driving through the two worst areas, traffic wise, in town. If it weren't for the fact that some of the items purchased are unavailable in Anderson, I would not have even ventured there.
As it turns out the real danger was less than two miles from home. As I was finishing my last errand, I heard the sirens and saw the ambulance traveling on an adjacent street. When I glanced up the street as I passed it, I saw a SUV or van on its side blocking two lanes of traffic in front of the local Taco Bell.
Normally I wouldn't even comment about such a thing. But in the two hours that I was out, I saw at least four other situations which could have ended just as badly... or worse.
Now if I wanted to rant, I would start commenting upon the shoppers inside the stores. As they say on Dave Barry's Blog, "OMGWTFBBQ!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!