A pictorial reminder not to take anything for granted

Click on the images

Really... we're back on this blog again... when out an about.
It's not Facebook ...that's a good thing.
It probably Maybe it means I can leave the laptop at home.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The World's smallest mountain range


Saturday I finally took the opportunity to stop long enough to take a picture of the Sutter Buttes.
What most amazing about this photo is there are so few clouds. Because, while Saturday was mostly dry, it was far from cloudless after 48 hours of steady rain.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks especially for the link which leads to an interesting site. Fascinating, in fact. Looks to be a great area to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with Sutter Buttes so thanks for pointing them out. This reminds me of the time I was taken to the tallest mountain in the Netherlands. I didn't know I was there until it was pointed out to me. But then the brain slows down from a lack of oxygen at 400 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I noticed the Sutter Buttes it was, "WTF is that?" The eye is drawn to them from I-5 even though they're 20 miles away

    For a different view watch this when you have about eight minutes to spare

    ReplyDelete

Be nice!