A pictorial reminder not to take anything for granted

Click on the images

Really... we're back on this blog again... when out an about.
It's not Facebook ...that's a good thing.
It probably Maybe it means I can leave the laptop at home.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Funny thing about memory

Yesterday I had to drive down to Marysville ( about 220 miles r/t). I was slightly delayed in my departure by a text message from my daughter announcing the arrival of my first grandchild... not the first grandchild in the family, but my first... a boy.
So what does a grandfather do on a two hour drive (that's each way)?
He tries to figure out what to get for the kid. He's a little young for a baseball glove. But a ball is always a good gift. Right? Well, I specifically remember a ball that my kids had. It was slightly larger than a cantaloupe, put together somewhat like a soccer ball, but with each segment made with a different textured fabric. It was soft but still bounced fairly well. it was an indoor ball and it sure was durable. I had bought it for my son on the day he was born and we (I mean all of us) were still playing with it regularly when the split occurred.
So did I find a ball like that yesterday? No. Did I really expect to find one? Probably not. It's been almost 35 years since I bought that one.
Funny how one remembers the really good things... not the ball, but the fun we had with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!