A pictorial reminder not to take anything for granted

Click on the images

Really... we're back on this blog again... when out an about.
It's not Facebook ...that's a good thing.
It probably Maybe it means I can leave the laptop at home.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I wish I had a picture

I was out this morning at a spot here in the valley (right next to the Redding airport) where I could see for miles in every direction. All of the mountains are covered in snow. That would be West to the Trinity Alps, North to Mt. Shasta and East to Mt Lassen and the Northern Sierras.
As I drove home, I had to cross over the Sacramento River. It was flowing quite nicely.
The Sun is shining and the widget on the desktop says that it is 66 degrees on the way to a high of 61 degrees (FTW?)

6:00pm addendum -
It reached 69 degrees

5 comments:

  1. And to think that we are lucky if it gets to the mid 40s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been lucky that the weather between storms has been balmy... most of the time.

    I like what you've done with Brighton LC Website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you: that's the second compliment I've had so I must have done something right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really tough to read posts like this. There are those of us that are stuck in the misery that I call England and then here about simple drive home like this, it makes us sados english remember all the films we watch showing the beauty of the US.
    You guys are blessed. Make sure you appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best part of the drive was that I didn't have to use the freeway. The next best part was that it was early enough to avoid the idiots.
    You may rest assured that I know how blessed I am even when the local temperature struggles to reach 50 degrees, as it did today.

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Be nice!