A pictorial reminder not to take anything for granted

Click on the images

Really... we're back on this blog again... when out an about.
It's not Facebook ...that's a good thing.
It probably Maybe it means I can leave the laptop at home.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I was reminded







I received these photos in an email yesterday. A post on another site reminded me of them so I thought I would share.

I received another email yesterday that was quite disturbing. It was from a Lion friend. Well actually it was from his email address, though he didn't send it. The gist was that he was stranded in London [yes, that London] because somehow or other his wallet's gone missing and he needed funds wired to sort things out. In actuality somehow his email account on Hotmail has been hijacked and the criminals changed his password so he can't get into it and are emailing all of his contacts requesting assistance. So I am also reminded that there are so many schemes that can really screw things up for us.
Would I have sent him the money? No. I'd have asked one of my British Lion friends to contact him and provide assistance. Our motto is We Serve.

5 comments:

  1. That is a bit worrying. I wonder just how safe my passwords are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had a little conversation with myself.
    My friend was caught by a phishing scam on his Hotmail account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems surprising. I would have thought that most people now would be aware of that possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say that I like the hedgehogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought they were cute, too, don't know why it didn't occur to post them sooner?

    The claim is that the phishing email caught him at a weak moment.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice!