A pictorial reminder not to take anything for granted

Click on the images

Really... we're back on this blog again... when out an about.
It's not Facebook ...that's a good thing.
It probably Maybe it means I can leave the laptop at home.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

I can't let this go

Maybe some of you have noticed an increased use of apostrophes in my posts and comments lately. It is all my niece's fault. She posted a link on her blog referring to a newspaper article about the elimination of apostrophes in a city which shall remain nameless here.
This wasn't the first post I've read about apostrophe abuse. Heck! Until recently the accusation could be made that I've abused them. Now I try to remember to use bold or italic for emphasis. I do my best to use apostrophes and quotation marks only in the prescribed manner. I am finding difficult so I may have to start attending Apostrophes Anonymous meetings.

2 comments:

  1. "Maybe some of you have noticed an increased use of apostrophes in my posts and comments lately."

    No, I can't say I have. Does that mean I'm unobservant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wasn't really nearly as specific as I should've been. The increase has actually been in in some of the comments I have made on another blog.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice!